This dog discussion forum is prepared to publish all views on any aspect of dog related issues. There are few rules by which we expect posters to abide by so those that are stated here are important.
• Please try and post in the in the most appropriate forum for your post.
• Please try to use descriptive subject headers on your posts. This helps people to decide whether to read your post or not and can increase your chances of getting help if that is the nature of your post. For example 'Please Help Me' is not a very descriptive topic title. 'My dog is howling in the night, please help' is a far better title.
• Please do a little research on the forum before your post. It may be that you are posting something which has already been covered.
• Feel free to introduce yourself in the welcome forum but don't feel obliged to. If you want to get straight down to the business of posting, jump right in!
• This forum does not mind or penalise robust debate. This means if you express an opinion on a particular subject it may be challenged - possibly robustly and possibly in a manner in which you personally find offensive. It is NOT against the rules of this forum for opinions to be challenged and in some instances for credibility to be questioned. Offensive people will offend, polite helpful people will politely help. We have a mix of offensive, friendly and helpful posters on this forum. As well as offensive, helpful people and some very friendly, completely unhelpful people. Well, we have a mix of all sorts so take your pick!
• No pornographic material to be posted and please keep language civil and appropriate.
• If you have a complaint about a particular post there is a 'report post' function for registered members to use. If you do not wish to register but would like to report a post please send, along with as much detail about the nature of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org
• When making a complaint please don't 'threaten' the forum admin, this won't get your complaint looked at any quicker and certainly won't have an influence on any taken on your behalf. If you intend to sue the forum owner there is no need to inform admin of your intentions. Please just take the legal action as you feel appropriate or make a complaint as described above. Threats of legal action are not taken seriously. Legal action itself is taken seriously.
• Respect the privacy of others. Do not post private information about posters unless it is already in the public domain and is relevant to the thread in which you are posting.
• This forum has no allowance on how many accounts a user may register however, attempts to mislead or deceive other forum members by use of multiple account eg. using multiple accounts to boost your own credentials, will result in at least account being banned and any other account being publicly exposed on the forum for the benefit of other posters, guests and members.
• This forum is not a free advertising platform. Good 'netiquette' dictates that you have a commercially motivated message to push, please become a member, contribute positively to the discussion and your message will not only be allowed, it will likely be better received. Commercial spammers will be banned (and ridiculed).
• You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages. If you post something that maybe libellous, you should understand that the web is no guarantee of anonymity and relevant authorities can and will trace you if you break the law.
• Don't shout (posting in all CAPS) and please refrain from using text speak. We have a lot of old posters (over the age of 24) who don't understand what the beejesus it is you're talking about when you typ lk ths!
• Petty arguments are the lifeblood of this forum and may be carried over for years. You have been warned. Pettiness and small minded posts are not bannable here.
• Signatures may contain advertising in accordance with our standard advertising policy. If you would like to pay for having an advert in your signature please email email@example.com
• Deletion of accounts. We will no longer allow accounts to be deleted without valid reason. Accounts which are deleted leave the board in a disorganised state and offer no benefit to the account holder or the board. If you want to leave the board, simply don't post or ask for your account to be set to inactive by the board admin. We will still delete accounts if good reason is offered.
Finally, if you are new to this forum please understand that it is home to a cross selection of adults and young people. Occasionally threads take an adult twist and occasionally they take a childish twist. Neither of these happenings will result in moderation or bans and complaining to the admin is probably a less fruitful exercise than finding another forum or staying out of threads that don't suit your tastes. It is not possible to get somebody banned by complaining about them. If you have an opposition to what someone says or the way they say it, take it up with them directly. All complaints are dealt with as fast as possible but it may be the case that action is taken (complainant not informed) or action is not taken (complainant not informed).
The decisions of the forum management are final. You are free to challenge both privately or publicly the decisions of the forum management but please be aware, whilst you won't get banned for challenging the management you are very, very likely to be quite badly owned